Google's Cloud Platform suffers an outage, and iPhones in India get owned after a very specific attack.
Plus how a malware author built a massive 18,000 strong Botnet in one day, and Cisco finds more "undocumented" root passwords.
- Cisco Removes Undocumented Root Password From Bandwidth Monitoring Software
- Google Cloud Platform reports issues; Snapchat and other popular apps affected
- Google Cloud Status Dashboard
- Bogus Mobile Device Management system used to hack iPhones in India • The Register
- A major election software maker allowed remote access on its systems for years - The Verge
- Router Crapfest: Malware Author Builds 18,000-Strong Botnet in a Day
- Anian wants to lean better backup
- How To Choose an Effective Backup Strategy for your VPS | DigitalOcean
- Tarsnap - Online backups for the truly paranoid
- Borg Documentation — Borg - Deduplicating Archiver 1.1.6 documentation
- duplicity: Main
- restic · Backups done right!