We’ll explain how Speculative Store Bypass works, and the new mitigation techniques that are inbound.
Plus this week’s security news has a bit of a theme, and we share some great war stories sent into the show.
- Security Flaw Impacts Electron-Based Apps
- Attackers Use UPnP to Sidestep DDoS Defenses | Threatpost | The first stop for security news
- Another severe flaw in Signal desktop app lets hackers steal your chats in plaintext
- Critical Linux Flaw Opens the Door to Full Root Access | Threatpost | The first stop for security news
- Microsoft, Google: We've found a fourth data-leaking Meltdown-Spectre CPU hole • The Register
- Speculative Store Bypass explained: what it is, how it works
- TechSNAP Episode 351: Performance Meltdown
- Dave's Users flip the switch!
- Dave's War Story is really Screwy!
- Egon's Adventures in misslabled VMs