We catch up with Allan Jude and he shares stories of hunting network bottlenecks, memories of old firewalls, and some classic ZFS updates.
Plus the vulnerabilities found in Volkswagen cars, and the lengths a security research went to create the ultimate honeypot laptop.
- Volkswagen and Audi Cars Vulnerable to Remote Hacking — esearchers also gained access to the IVI system's root account, which they say allowed them access to other car data.
- It’s Impossible to Prove Your Laptop Hasn’t Been Hacked. I Spent Two Years Finding Out. — For the last two years, I have carried a “honeypot” laptop with me every time I’ve traveled; this computer was intended to attract (and then detect) tampering.
- chipsec — Platform Security Assessment Framework
- UEFITool — UEFI firmware image viewer and editor
- Haven Project — Haven is for people who need a way to protect their personal spaces and possessions without compromising their own privacy, through an Android app and on-device sensors
- Mr S. Delivers on his DO FreeNAS Guide
- OZ Shares a War Story
- Dave's REALLY Close Call...
- Karl Gives us the CTO View on new Hires
- Our Approach to Employee Security Training | PagerDuty — These are both training courses that we developed in-house and delivered ourselves.