We save our FreeNAS Mini from the edge, and perform an emergency migration to much larger hardware.
Plus 12 tips for secure authentication, the future of network security where there is no LAN, a botnet exploiting Android ADB, and your questions.
- In just 24 hours, 5,000 Android devices are conscripted into mining botnet — A fast-moving botnet that appeared over the weekend has already infected thousands of Android devices with potentially destructive malware that mines digital coins on behalf of the unknown attackers, researchers said.
- 12 best practices for user account, authorization and password management — Account management, authorization and password management can be tricky. For many developers, account management is a dark corner that doesn't get enough attention. For product managers and customers, the resulting experience often falls short of expectations.
- Google’s Zero Trust 'BeyondCorp' Infrastructure Shows Future Of Network Security — Google started changing its network security policies to a new model of “zero trust,” which treats its own internal network as the insecure Internet. Google released a new paper detailing how this new model works for its network security policies.
- Google dedicates engineering team to accelerate development of WordPress ecosystem — Google's partnership with WordPress aims to jump-start the platform's support of the latest web technologies -- particularly those involving performance & mobile experience. And they're hiring WordPress experts.
- UNIXSurplus — UNIXSurplus is a multi-level provider of new and refurbished custom built servers, storage solutions and computer equipment.
- FreeNAS Storage Operating System — FreeNAS is an operating system that can be installed on virtually any hardware platform to share data over a network. FreeNAS is the simplest way to create a centralized and easily accessible place for your data. Use FreeNAS with ZFS to protect, store, backup, all of your data. FreeNAS is used everywhere, for the home, small business, and the enterprise.