We explore the rapid adoption of machine learning, its impact on computer architecture, and how to avoid AI snake oil.
Plus so-so SSD security, and a new wireless protocol that works best where the Wi-Fi sucks.
- Linux Academy Black Friday Sale — Give yourself a year of opportunity and save $150. Get a full year of Hands-On Cloud Training. Limited time Black Friday Offer.
- “Where the Wi-Fi sucks” is where a new wireless protocol does its magic
- Ubiquiti’s new “Amplifi Alien” is a mesh-capable Wi-Fi 6 router
- Self-encrypting deception: weaknesses in the encryption of solid state drives
- Securely erase a solid-state drive
- Solid state drive/Memory cell clearing - ArchWiki
- The Deep Learning Revolution and Its Implications for Computer Architecture and Chip Design
- Intel Core i9-10980XE—a step forward for AI, a step back for everything else
- How to recognize AI snake oil