Machine Learning Magic
November 29th, 2019
26 mins 27 secs
About this Episode
We explore the rapid adoption of machine learning, its impact on computer architecture, and how to avoid AI snake oil.
Plus so-so SSD security, and a new wireless protocol that works best where the Wi-Fi sucks.
- “Where the Wi-Fi sucks” is where a new wireless protocol does its magic
- Ubiquiti’s new “Amplifi Alien” is a mesh-capable Wi-Fi 6 router
- Self-encrypting deception: weaknesses in the encryption of solid state drives
- Securely erase a solid-state drive
- Solid state drive/Memory cell clearing - ArchWiki
- The Deep Learning Revolution and Its Implications for Computer Architecture and Chip Design
- Intel Core i9-10980XE—a step forward for AI, a step back for everything else
- How to recognize AI snake oil