The Future of HTTP
November 15th, 2018
43 mins 46 secs
About this Episode
Wes is joined by special guest Jim Salter to discuss Google's recent BGP outage and the future of HTTP.
Plus the latest router botnet, why you should never go full UPnP, and the benefits of building your own home router.
- Google goes down after major BGP mishap routes traffic through China — Google lost control of several million of its IP addresses for more than an hour on Monday in an event that intermittently made its search and other services unavailable to many users.
- Internet Vulnerability Takes Down Google
- China has been 'hijacking the vital internet backbone of western countries'
- RPKI - The required cryptographic upgrade to BGP routing
- HTTP/3 — The protocol that's been called HTTP-over-QUIC for quite some time has now changed name and will officially become HTTP/3.
- HTTP/3: Come for the speed, stay for the security
- The Road to QUIC
- Botnet pwns 100,000 routers using ancient security flaw — Researchers have stumbled on another large botnet that’s been quietly hijacking home routers while nobody was paying attention
- BCMPUPnP_Hunter: A 100k Botnet Turns Home Routers to Email Spammers
- From Zero to ZeroDay Journey: Router Hacking
- The Ars guide to building a Linux router from scratch