3 Things to Know About Kubernetes
September 27th, 2018
23 mins 9 secs
About this Episode
Kubernetes expert Will Boyd joins us to explain the top 3 things to know about Kubernetes, when it’s the right tool for the job, and building highly available production grade clusters.
Plus the privacy improvements that could be coming to HTTPS, and a new SSH auditing tool hits the open source scene.
- Open Sourcing HASSH — HASSH is a network fingerprinting standard invented within the Detection Cloud team at Salesforce.
- ESNI: A Privacy-Protecting Upgrade to HTTPS — Today, Cloudflare is announcing a major step toward closing this privacy hole and enhancing the privacy protections that HTTPS offers. Cloudflare has proposed a technical standard for encrypted SNI, or “ESNI,” which can hide the identities of the sites you visit—particularly when a large number of sites are hosted on a single set of IP addresses
- What's new in Kubernetes 1.12?
- Kubernetes the Hard Way — Kubernetes The Hard Way guides you through bootstrapping a highly available Kubernetes cluster with end-to-end encryption between components and RBAC authentication.
- Install Minikube
- Creating a single master cluster with kubeadm
- 10 open-source Kubernetes tools for highly effective SRE and Ops Teams
- Clonezilla — Clonezilla is a partition and disk imaging/cloning program similar to True Image or Norton Ghost.