Getting started or getting ahead in IT is a moving target, so we’ve crowd sourced some of the best tips and advice to help.
Plus a tricky use of zero-width characters to catch a leaker, a breakdown of the new BranchScope attack, and a full post-mortem of the recent Travis CI outage.
- Invisibly inserting usernames into text with Zero-Width Characters — Zero-width characters are invisible, ‘non-printing’ characters that are not displayed by the majority of applications.
- Incident Post-Mortem and Security Advisory — On Tuesday, 13 March 2018 at 12:04 UTC a database query was accidentally run against our production database which truncated all tables.
- As predicted, more branch prediction processor attacks are discovered — New attack focuses on a different part of the branch prediction system.
- BranchScope: A New Side-Channel Attack on Directional Branch Predictor - asplos18.pdf
- Mathew has a neat use for Terraform
- Del says Learn just one thing...
- Mat Man has some great tips
- Ben says you might already be doing it
- Mr S with a advice from recruiting stand point.